I guess...............

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I guess...............

Post  Plott Proud on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:14 am

I guess it was good while it lasted.

Seems as if everyone would rather go to the other site (Primarily) APA & AKC site to post comments as well as just have some good ol' fun filled camaraderie amongst Plott enthusiasts.
Nothing against the other site AT ALL!, but everyone was constantly calling for the NPHA to get it's site up and running again and it has been for almost a year now, but has slowed to near death.

I hope folks will once again get back on here and begin sharing ideas, events and such.

Heck, I'm even tempted to share my Ultimate Secret Weapon Bar B Q Ribs recipe with Ya'll.
Well, maybe not that far. king

Hoping it picks up!
Irv Corbin

Plott Proud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess...............

Post  Tim Hickman on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Irv,

I think some of the problem was that the site was never updated so people got tired of it. I think we need someone who knows how to take over the site and keep it updated. I have heard that it is being discussed to drop the site entirely.

Now if you share your recipes I'll share mine. Maybe that will get this jump started. Have youever had Iowa bullhead? Nothing in this world compares to it!!! Yuck!!!LOL

Tim Hickman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Frederick on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:02 am

Irv and Tim,

I think Tim is right. I visit this site a couple times a week when my schedule permits it. I checked it much more often when it was new, but its the same old information here now. If the front page was updated more often, maybe people would use the message board more often. I like the setup of it, and I enjoy using it.

Someone needs to take charge of the website and put high scoring dogs and such on the front page. I'm sure UKC, AKC, and PKC would allow this site to use pictures from their sites to honor the high scoring Plotts at various major events.

If the site were updated more often, it would be visited more. When was the last high scoring dog we had on here? Jim Clark and Isabelle after the World? Thats been since last September after all.

Just my 2 cents. Hope someone will do it. Wish I had the time to take it over but I can't

Paul Frederick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamegetter on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:20 am

Tim, Irv...And anyone else...... I'll tell ya what some of the problem is and a matter of fact I think it has a whole lot to do with it...For one the year book issue has been a bitter subject here because for one we and that includes me don't have much of an answer of what is going on...You can hear one thing and then another and I too wonder what is actually going on....And the other thing is our Administrator of this web site...Alan did a good job of getting this site back up but that is as about as far as it went....I've talked to Alan one time since he asked me to be a moderator and since then I haven't heard from him....I actually had gotten a lil' worried about him cause it seem as he had just dropped off the face of the earth...I've called and left him messages with no returns to my calls...Now as for my "duties" here all I'm really able to do is delete posts and a few other things....As most would know the Administrator controls most of the looks and actions on this board and since he hasn't been on since late Jan. there hasn't been much change or updates to the site....Give me the control and I'll do what ever I can to bring this board up to speed....Now that's just a lil' of what is going on here.....Perkey

PLOTTS: They just love to Finish what they Start..!!

Tommy Perkey
Perkey Plott Hounds

Gamegetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pocahontas on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:03 am

I can't speak for anyone else. But I have busy as He-- trying to keep up with chores and grass.Seems I have to mow every other day anymore.
Ann and I just returned from the Pa. sec. We had a great time visiting with some old friends. They had a nice crowd and several Plotts entered in the events. Lee Cross and Jim Harpster did an excellent job with this hunt. It's good to see the younger guys getting involved.The weather was good and not too hot, so the Plotts did well. Very Happy

Pocahontas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:14 am

Right On G-Man!
Glad you all had a good time up there! Do you have any pics of the weekend's extravaganza? Smile

See you in a month or so! Cool

Take it easy!
Swervin

Plott Proud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pocahontas on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:51 am

Ann took the pictures for the yearbook but don't know if she has extras or not. Anyway I'm to dumb to post them. LOL We are gonna put them on a CD for the hunt chairman as I understand it. You may wish to contact Lee and have him post the winners. Wink

Pocahontas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullsprig1100 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:57 am

Dang G-Man, I was beginning to think you didn't know how to use a computer. Glad you and Mrs. Ann had a great time at the PA (HARPSTER) sectionals. You have to train a few of those bear hounds how to use a lawn- mower. In the meantime, start getting me a strike dog ready!!!

Bullsprig1100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ain't no porch dog

Post  Butch Wilson on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:25 am

I am a non hunter that owns a plott, I was looking for what we call down here in NC "a porch dog". This dog hunts anything that moves in the yard. We fenced in seven acres to contain her. She constanly patrols the area and brings home any and everything. How do you make em into a porch dog ?

Last edited by Butch Wilson on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spell)

Butch Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pocahontas on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:41 am

I would say you will have to wait for old age to set in. Laughing

Pocahontas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cory hall on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:15 am

i visit this sight a couple times a week. i just wish it would get updated,winners circle, sectionals. if it was updated i think more people would stay active.

GRCH FCH HALL'S RENEGADE RAMBO

cory hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWDYPLOTT on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:10 pm

I HOPE THE SITE MAKES IT. I WILL TRY TO GET ON HERE MORE.

ROWDYPLOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  casb on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:34 pm

I just joined this site and will be on here regularly to check the posts and give my two cents here and there. Hopefully things will pick up but it is a tough time of year with graduations, vacations, work.....and that dang grass-cutting!

CasB

casb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:55 pm

It is great to see so many interested in this site!

IT WILL SURVIVE!! We all just need to add as much to this one as we can. There's no doubt summertime, and pretty soon, hunting season, will take folks away from the keyboards. AS IT SHOULD.

I hope we take advantage of the time we do have to add discussion as well as our own experiences to the site .

I'll see abunch of you in a month or so! If I haven't met you, please come by the Rebel Pride Kennel area and say HI!

Take care!
Irv Corbin

Plott Proud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ldrigg71 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm

I believe interest in this site would increase if it were promoted by our breed columnists in their monthly articles. That and updated pictures,articles,events,standings in various races,etc. JMO

ldrigg71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Hickman on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:48 pm

idrigg71,

You are absolutely right!!! I will do a better job of promoting this site in my Bloodlines column. Thanks for that and I apologize for not doing it before.

Tim Hickman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullsprig1100 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:10 am

I dont now if the NPHA is interested or not, but my wife Dorothy is a web admin, and would not mind helping get this thing back on its feet again. Let me know how we can help......

Bullsprig1100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:54 am

Sounds like a win win situation to me!

Plott Proud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamegetter on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 am

If I could get ahold of Alan where he could release me to do more I would have....Things do need a spicing up but it will come....Perkey

Tommy Perkey
Perkey Plott Hounds

Gamegetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:57 am

Hey Dave ~ Have you contacted Gary Cox regarding this issue yet?

I'm thinking that if we've got someone willing to run this thing we should go for it!

I myself would be wiling to be a moderator. As would Perkey I'm sure. Maybe even a few others would help out in that capacity.

I just know my limitations and could not do the Site Administrator duties any justice. Therefore I turned that down when approached to do so about a year ago. As I told Joe & Alan then, I'm willing to help all I can, in the areas of which I know I'd be able to help.

Hope things get straightened out soon. They're already looking up!

Take it easy!
Irv Corbin

Plott Proud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamegetter on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Irv..I'm already a moderator selected by Alan but things are limited to what a mod. can do....Perkey

Tommy Perkey
Perkey Plott Hounds

Gamegetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:54 am

That goes without saying Perk. I already know that you're a moderator. I guess I didn't phrase what I was trying to say quite right.
What I intended to say was that I'm sure you'd continue as a moderator. Dude, we all know the limitations that one has whenever certain things need to be done, and you only have X-amount of authority.
You've done a great job Tommy with what you've had at your disposal to work with.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

So back to my question a couple of posts back,
Dave ~ Have you contacted Gary Cox regarding this issue yet?

Thanks for the interest in running this thing!

Take it easy!
Irv

Plott Proud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullsprig1100 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:50 am

I need Gary's number so that I can speak with him about what is required. If any of you have his number, please PM me...I will get in touch with him and Dorothy and I will get going with administraion of the site........

Bullsprig1100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Hickman on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:28 am

Dave,

Gary's number is 828/645-3705.

Tim Hickman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullsprig1100 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:29 pm

I spoke with Gary Cox regarding the site, and we agreed that we would get back together after Plott Days. Gary will have more info and be better equipped to turn over the administration duties following the event. In the meantime, lets keep this momentum going and stay involved with the site. It is truly a worthwhile cause.....

Bullsprig1100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top