NPHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anything going on?

+2
Shane
ldrigg71
6 posters

Go down

anything going on? Empty anything going on?

Post  ldrigg71 Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:58 am

does anyone have any news about anything? not looking for anything in particular. just plott news or how your pup is progressing or something like that.

ldrigg71

Back to top Go down

anything going on? Empty Re: anything going on?

Post  Shane Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Our short fall season starts on sunday I will not be able to get out till the following saturday so hopefully will get under atleast a tree on the long weekend.
Shane
Shane

Back to top Go down

Post  tnhillbilly Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:45 am

i have been coon hunting a 10 month old female out of nimrods rocky top onyx and my haze female, and she has really been doin good, she "so far" has been totaly silent on track, but will tree without any help. also hunting a female out of nibbles and otis she is not as far along as the other pup but is starting to progress a little, she has started to open on track a little. i have some pics of my 10 month old treeing but havnt got them developed yet, will post them as soon as i do. trying to decide wether to start them on bear, i have turned them on a couple tracks and they have stayed right with the other dogs, so i guess i have already started them on bear, i more than likely will. Smile

tnhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  ldrigg71 Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:23 pm

My female is out of Otis and Nibbles also. She was born in Jan of this year. I have high hopes for this pup. I think she will make a good one.

ldrigg71

Back to top Go down

Post  tnhillbilly Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:23 pm

mine is just over a year old, this is the fist one i have owned out of these lines, a buddy i hunt with, bought that onyx dog, he has similar bloodlines, i was VERY impressed with his trailing ability, and accuracy on the tree, so when i found this young female for sale i bought her. i also have some pups out of onyx and a maltese female that i have, which is the same cross as that 10 month old that is treeing on her own, the mother is all star mtn bred.

Last edited by tnhillbilly on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total

tnhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoop Franklin Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:52 am

Bad news is bout the only thing I got right now.....was looking pretty as you please at a rqe in ga this weekend when Otis up and decides to tree a possum Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Mad Mad Mad Mad It was a long ride home Embarassed Embarassed

Those Otis pups yall got should turn out pretty good. I've lost track with a couple but there is one in PA that does it by herself nite after nite Very Happy Very Happy We have 2 here that are a little over 2mths old that we are looking forward to starting here in a few months.

Hoop Franklin

Back to top Go down

Post  tnhillbilly Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:58 am

sorry to hear bout the possum ordeal, but i have figured out, that like humans, dogs aint perfect either. i am probably, more than likely, going to try my belle female out of nibbles and otis, on bear, will keep you posted on how that works out.

tnhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Hickman Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:35 am

Hoop did he tree it at the end of the hunt or right away. I had a dog do that to me 2x at rqe's. Both times he was leading the cast and with 5 minutes left fell treed on a possum. Bummer! I'd rather he do it right qaway so I could go home and get some sleep!!!LOL

Not much going on here. Had a young dog going good and sold him. My best female is due to have pups in a week my young female is in heat. Kind of like 3 strikes and you are out. Oh well this too shall pass and I'll get back in the woods.
Tim Hickman
Tim Hickman

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:09 am

Hoop ~ Sorry about that slick tail man! I'd have to agree with Tim, Being @ the biginning although a bummer would be better than being 5 minutes or so from the end of the hunt and leading it, only to be scratched due to this.
I'm sure that you can break this unfortunate happening from reoccuring. Twisted Evil

tnhillbilly ~ Good Luck with than young dog on the ole' Bruins!

Tim ~ How is that female of yours that's expecting bred?

Take it easy All!
Irv
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoop Franklin Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:42 am

Tim,
On the first drop he got treed and the other 3 dogs took some minus....cirlced his tree and moved on. I'm thinking I got it won if I can just find a coon and next drop they sounded real good but the end result was scratched Evil or Very Mad Mad Embarassed

Irv,
We never have any problems with that sucker treeing possums but just that nite I guess he felt the need to show me he could tree one easy Shocked Laughing Laughing

tnhillbilly,
Good luck with that pup on whatever you decide to run her on.

Hoop Franklin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:11 am

Hoop ~ I hear YA man! Looking forward to seeing the next post of you with a CH win with some big points!

Good Luck!
Irv
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  ldrigg71 Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:16 am

Hoop,
Hate to hear about Otis treeing the possum. How did Tater do with Tiger? Did Aaron do any good with Blade? I just got your message you sent me on the 19th. Sent you a reply. i am looking forward to Tater getting Kelly and fooling with her a bit. I wish I had a place to go. I love messing with pups! Seeing them get fired up over a coon or working a track.

ldrigg71

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Hickman Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:27 am

Irv,

Sis is out of Chad Barth's Solid Rock dog who is heavy in Butch and Jill through Fielders Bear Pen dogs. Her Mother was out of GrNiteCH Middle fork Sonny who was out of Ranger. Her Bottom side goes back to Joe Boy who again was a Butch and Jill bred dog.

The sire of the pups is Kyle Emery's Dual Gr Rock. Should be good ones.

Sis , made dual champion as a one year old. She isn't 3 yet.
Tim Hickman
Tim Hickman

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:38 am

Yes, it sounds like they should be.
Good Luck with the litter!

I sent you some emails today. Did you get them?

Take it easy!
Irv
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  tnhillbilly Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:38 am

Thanks fellers i'm going to need all the luck i can get Very Happy going to be hunting all young dogs and pups in the morning, old dogs feet swelled up a little going to let her rest for a couple days. went this morning and it rained pretty hard for bout an hour before daylight, and washed most of the sent down, but did manage to get turned loose. they sounded pretty good when they left out but came up empty. Crying or Very sad i think they got out ran. if it was the same bear that we treed sat, his legs was as long as mine. Shocked he was seen in the area the night before. hopefully the rain will hold off in the morning and i can get these pups on a hot one. i am hunting a few dogs for some buddys of mine, but i think i have decided to go ahead and take my two in the morning too. man i sure am enjoying these cool mornins. Razz

tnhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoop Franklin Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:15 am

Irv,
I lack 3 more with him......kinda gets aggravating not having a big enough score to get in after a while but we'll get em hopefully.

Larry,
Blade was the only dog not to get scratched on the possum but our cast ended up with no winner...guess it was just a bad nite all around. Tater didnt do any good with Tiger, Carl got beat, and Wayne Allen didnt do any good either from what I heard. Just wasnt the plott boys nite down there in gawgia lol

Tim,
Good luck with them pups. I hope they make dandies for ya

Hoop Franklin

Back to top Go down

Post  tnhillbilly Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:48 am

well took pups today, turned 8 loose, mostly young dogs and pups, on a red hot track, everything left out full cry, got to tree only four older dogs at tree. still trying to figure that one out cause them pups are always with the older dogs. anyway, bear weighed bout 180# bout the time i got my phone out to take a pic it bailed out, four dogs in tow. Very Happy on the way back down picked up my 10 month old pup, she must have got up close and personal with it, cause she had claw marks on her side, don't know if she got whooped out or just got behind on the way to tree. must have ran by those other pups cause i finally caught up with it bout 5 mi. and four hrs. later luckily drove right to them, after i figured out where they were. they were right off the main rd. Laughing thought they were treed, but they were walking it. went up to the next rd and got in front of them. bear was so tired it didn't even notice me, walked right up the ridge to me in the rd. i knew if i didn't let it come into the rd. that it would turn back down and i would never catch the dogs. so i backed up out of sight and hunkered down and ran up the road a little ways, and the bear walked right up into the rd about 15 yds from me, and proceeded to walk down the rd away from me, with one of my dogs right on its heels, two of my buddies dogs right behind. i hollerd for my dog and that bear was so tired it didn't even run just walked a little faster Laughing i caught my otis pup "tinker belle" off the track before i headed them off, she was about 50yds behind the dogs that was with the bear, soundin good. everything i turned loose exept the 10 month old pup that i caught earlier, made the l-o-n-g race, some were just farther behind. so i had a really great day. every body got to see a bear, and i got to see it 3 different times. i dont know who is more tired me or the dogs Laughing

tnhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:25 am

I was just about to say before I read your last sentence, "Sounds like you had a workout yourself!"

Exciting day for sure! GO GET EM!

Irv
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum