Update on Cindy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update on Cindy

Post  Tim Hickman on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:19 am

Cindy had her 2nd round of chemo wednesday. It went very well. Her doctor was happy with her blood work and very positive. She is feeling good and working everyday. After the 1st round she had a few issues. The day after chemo she gets a shot of Neulasta to boost her blood count. About three days after this she gets a lot of bone pain which slows her down a little. She is on a high dose of predisone for 4 days and she has trouble sleeping. They gave her some new meds to help this and it seems to be working. She get sores in her mouth for about a week after chemo but she has some new mouth wash that is supposed to help. Her voice has also gotten kind of husky. Kind of like Kim Carnes, I think it is kind of sexy! Also, sunday her hair started falling out so tuesday she had it shaved. She is a darn good looking bald person!!! For the 1st time I have more hair than her. She has handled this all with such grace!

Cindy works at a small Christian college and she is such a wonderful testament to these kids. She has such a positive attitude and is always praising God for what he has done in her life.

Just thought I'd up date you and thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. Without prayers I do not believe we would be where we are. Thank you again

Tim Hickman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update on Cindy

Post  Plott Proud on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:07 pm

Thanks for the latest Tim.

We'll continue to pray for Cindy and your family till she sees this thing through!
Take care!
Irv

Plott Proud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tnhillbilly on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:43 am

will keep her in our prayers also, it is great to know that you have GOD on your side. May GOD bless you and your family.

tnhillbilly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoop Franklin on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:06 am

Hang in there Tim. I'm pretty young but I learned a long time ago that God does things on his time........theres a song that we sing at church ever now and then that goes something like God was 3 days late but he was still on time.......lotta truth in that! Dont get depressed or anything, God is always watchin over us all Very Happy We're still praying for you and Cindy........prayin a little more for her since she has to put up with you Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers lol! lol! lol!

Hoop Franklin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MillenniumMagicPlotts on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:47 pm

Laughing @ Hoop.

Prayers up for Cindy queen

MillenniumMagicPlotts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:37 pm