NPHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think are the best plott sires

+5
marty kamrowski
Paul Frederick
Gamegetter
Plott Proud
Wisconsin Plott Runner
9 posters

Go down

What do you think are the best plott sires Empty What do you think are the best plott sires

Post  Wisconsin Plott Runner Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:58 pm

What do you think is the best plott sire?? I've been hearing a lot of good things about Pocahontas!!! what do you think
Wisconsin Plott Runner
Wisconsin Plott Runner

http://www.freewebs.com/swamp-valley-kennels

Back to top Go down

What do you think are the best plott sires Empty Re: What do you think are the best plott sires

Post  Plott Proud Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:13 am

Look no further! Unlike a lot of things in life, with this one," YOU CAN BELIEVE WHAT YOU HEAR"!!

Take it easy!
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

What do you think are the best plott sires Empty Re: What do you think are the best plott sires

Post  Gamegetter Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:46 am

There are several different good Plotts out there and Its mainly up to what are you looking for in a Plott hound...You plan to hunt big game or hunt coons, bobs, cats, etc?....Stick with the ones that have a proven track record and you might find what you are looking for...Perkey
Gamegetter
Gamegetter

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:02 am

Back to the top. PROVEN in every area.
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Frederick Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:00 am

You could find 100 different answers if this were a busier Plott site. Everybody has a different opinion.

I personally like the Pioneer (Brandenburger) bred dogs, and Jim Cannon bred dogs (Heat, Sarge, Joe Boy, etc.). The best luck I had was with a female bred by Rex Morgan in Iowa. She was owned by Ron Miller in Moline, IL. She was a track racing machine and an accurate tree dog at 14 months old.

I've hunted with several, several Pocahontas dogs. All I can say is from my experience. From what I've been told, they have been bred to be more big game hounds. The Pioneer dogs are bred for coon dogs. Its all what you want. I personally haven't been too impressed by Pocahontas dogs, but I may just be hunting with the wrong ones. I know the Grand Nite Black Ice is heavy Poc. bred. And there is Gene Walkers Gus who is a Grand Nite. I'm not counting them out as coon dogs, I just haven't been with many I was impressed with.

I was going hunting with Gene Walker this last year before Plott days, but, there was a bad storm that night and we couldn't hunt. He is one of the nicest guys you could meet. Dad went the next night with him and they treed some coon. Said Gene had a pretty nice little dog he was hunting, but I don't know what dog it was.

Good luck with whatever line you go with. I don't know much about them, but I know a little about a couple of lines. Just ones I have experience with. I want to get to hunt with others in the future to get a broader knowledge of Plott lines.

Paul Frederick
Powell, TN
Paul Frederick
Paul Frederick

Back to top Go down

Post  Wisconsin Plott Runner Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:14 pm

WOW!! Shocked thanks for that info!! will take that in to big consideration!! THANKS!!!
Wisconsin Plott Runner
Wisconsin Plott Runner

http://www.freewebs.com/swamp-valley-kennels

Back to top Go down

Post  marty kamrowski Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:10 am

I agree with Irv about the Pocahontas dogs. They are the real deal. Gene and his wife Ann are 2 of the nicest people that you will ever meet. Before I got my first Pocahontas dog, I had several conversations with Gene, and he was always upfront and straight forward with me. I went from Wisconsin to West Virginia to pick up the first one, and I was so impressed with that dog, that I made another trip to pick up a second one.

marty kamrowski

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregg Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:29 pm

If you are looking for a level headed , hard hunting , plott . Get a Pocahontas Plott.
I have a female out of Linus that just had a litter , Lizzy is makeing a good coondog. I will be getting another form Mr Walker you can bank on that

Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Hickman Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:58 pm

Don't over look Amos of Gary Miller and Jim Cannon, Jeff Koons Oakie, Kyle emery's Rock dog, Scott Rossens Cowboy. There are alot of good producing dogs out there.
Tim Hickman
Tim Hickman

Back to top Go down

Post  jhoffman Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:32 pm

Here's some pics of two Pocahontas bred plotts
What do you think are the best plott sires Rka8av
Hoffman's Pocahontas Wyatt on 2-1-09
Coddy II and Jenny Jewell x

What do you think are the best plott sires Anikww
Hoffman's Pocahontas Echo on 2-1-09
Linus and Ginger x
she wasn't cooperating in this pic. She wanted to get down and run with the other dogs that were loose in the yard at the time.

jhoffman

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamegetter Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:43 am

Nice pics there j...Perkey
Gamegetter
Gamegetter

Back to top Go down

Post  MillenniumMagicPlotts Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:12 pm

I'll preface this by saying the best sires are the ones who get the good females bred to them. As far as coondogs go right now, the only proven reproducer is Redwood Okie. Are there others out there, I am sure there are but they either don't have a bunch of pups on the ground to show what they can do, or they haven't been bred to enough yet. If you look at numbers of our top reproducing sires you'll see that just the low sheer number of pups isn't comparable to any other breed because it's so low. The most recent plott sire to be bred quite a bit was Heat.
MillenniumMagicPlotts
MillenniumMagicPlotts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down