NPHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just curious what a hog race would act like

2 posters

Go down

Just curious what a hog race would act like Empty Just curious what a hog race would act like

Post  hammerinplott Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:03 pm

We just had hogs move into the area here and the only time ive ever seen hogs chased i was in Texas and the guys were using Blackmouth curs silent till bayed how would it look sound with a semi silent coon plott chasin them

hammerinplott

Back to top Go down

Just curious what a hog race would act like Empty Re: Just curious what a hog race would act like

Post  tnhillbilly Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:45 am

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Very Happy

tnhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Just curious what a hog race would act like Empty Re: Just curious what a hog race would act like

Post  hammerinplott Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:45 am

I agree hillbilly but im just not sure on range time and the likes hes a good dog and i dont want him tore up to bad hes busted bobcats on his own heck hes making a habit of it so he should be able to get on a hog and shut it down but htese are all domestics or hybrids gone feral so were talking 300-400 lbs just want to bable to recognize it if it happens pig

hammerinplott

Back to top Go down

Post  tnhillbilly Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:39 am

I wouldn't suggest hunting him on hogs, if you don't want him tore up. Them hogs are the meanest critters i ever seen, and They will tear a dog to shreads. If you hunt a dog on hogs, it "Will" get cut.

tnhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  hammerinplott Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:08 pm

i havent ever met a hog dog that wasnt tore up hes got marks all over his face and in his ears from the coon im just trying to get an idea of what it would sound like so i ddint take my 22 when i should be carrying the 44 to the fight i know hed bay real tight and try to catch when i got there everyone i knew in texas that made a habit of hunting hogs kept a field surgery kit in the truck

hammerinplott

Back to top Go down

Post  tnhillbilly Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:12 am

I always carry a vet bag with me, and keep the vet on speed dial. a bottle of good anti-biotics is a must. you will probably notice the difference in the way he is barking, (baying) should be different from treeing. the main thing i would listen for would be the distinct grunting that a pig will make when it is bayed, if it is squeilling, you will know that he is catching or already caught. Shocked

tnhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  hammerinplott Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:42 am

ok thanks when he has a coon bayed on the ground he chops just like hes treed

hammerinplott

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down