NPHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

single registering a dog

3 posters

Go down

single registering a dog Empty single registering a dog

Post  plottluvr Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:21 am

What are the NPHA requirements for single registering a Plott? I know it's closed indefinitely...don't know why....but I'd still like to know the requirements.

Thank you
plottluvr
plottluvr

Back to top Go down

single registering a dog Empty Re: single registering a dog

Post  Plott Proud Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:03 pm

I just know they don't allow it.
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Hickman Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:13 am

Because NPHA has not opened the files for single registration there are no requirements. If the books would ever be opened(I doubt it ever will be) you would need a 3 generation pedigree, the dog would need to be inspected by a certified inspector and have to tree its own game by itself.

Now to single register it in AKC or PKC you need a copy of its UKC or PKC pedigree fill out a form and send UKC $15 or PKC $25, To register a buckskin with AKC I believe you can use a pedigree of a littermate registered with UKC and be able to register it with AKC as they allow buckskins.
Tim Hickman
Tim Hickman

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 am

I myself am not a big fan of single registration. For one, when you get the single registration form from the perspected registry of which you want to register your dog, it asks for the pedigree of the parents.

I've been told that a lot of people just put "unknown" in this space. They then bypass the part of proving whether the parents were registered at all. Hence the possiblity of including something that shouldn't be in there and therefore the watering down of a certain breed. I don't see where this helps a breed at all. It merely allows someone to now have papers on a dog that "May" not even be of a purebred status.

Just my 2 cents. pirat

Take it easy!
Irv
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  plottluvr Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:31 am

i was curious as my 3 yr old isn't registered anywhere and I have no clue as to her pedigree though she is a purebred. My pup is showing signs of getting brindle markings but I have no papers as she was born "buckskin" BUT both her parents are UKC reg. 5 of her litermates were born brindle and one other was born buckskin colored but later developed brindle markings and was "registerable" even though both buckskin pups were not included on the litter registration for the UKC.

So I'm confused.
plottluvr
plottluvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:38 am

Plottluvr ~ I would suggest you do some more homework. That would be to track down the owner of the mother of the pups. He (or she) should have the UKC registration # of his dog at least. He may even have the # of the stud dog as well. He (or she) should no doubt be able to help you get in contact with that individual anyway.
If none of that works, maybe you can talk to the owners of the littermates and possibly get the information from them.

Hope this helps a little.

Good Luck
Irv Corbin
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down