NPHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my plott pup

3 posters

Go down

my plott pup Empty my plott pup

Post  ldrigg71 Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:41 pm

I had the opportunity to show my 6 mo plott pup a coon for the first time yesterday at the Tn BBOA sectional. I was very impressed with her actions even before she saw the coon. As we sat watching the treeing contest,she was barking along with the other dogs. you know what I'm talking about. The mindless barking that dogs do. I believe she caught the scent of mr.coon in the air and began standing on her hind legs,lifting her nose as high as she could to get another whiff and began barking with a purpose. I was thrilled to say the least. I have high hopes for this pup and I feel I am on the right track to having a noce plott coondog. I hope so because where I am from,plotts are considered hog dogs. I have taken a lot of teasing from my hunting buddies and would like to get some of my own licks in for a change.

ldrigg71

Back to top Go down

my plott pup Empty Re: my plott pup

Post  tnhillbilly Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:15 am

just keep workin that pup, wont be long, you can show them other fellers that plotts make good coon dogs too. Shocked Very Happy

tnhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  ldrigg71 Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:22 am

thats what i'm hoping. they all hunt with holsteins and i take alot of heat for getting a plott

ldrigg71

Back to top Go down

Post  tnhillbilly Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:54 am

I have only owned 2 "coon dogs" in my life. one was a plott named rambo. he was silent on track and didnt tree hard, but had the coon everytime.

tnhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  ldrigg71 Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:21 am

the only two coon dogs i have ever owned were both female english dogs. one was blue and the other was red

ldrigg71

Back to top Go down

Post  ETownPlotts Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:38 am

Sounds like she might be on the right track. I agree with you on showing those milk cow hunters that the brindle dogs are whee its at.

ETownPlotts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down