NPHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Voice in the west

5 posters

Go down

A Voice in the west Empty A Voice in the west

Post  Shane Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:07 pm

Is the NPHA willing to give a voice to the west?
To be honest I know very little about the organization and have probably heard more of the bad than the good but I do believe in the thought of trying to make the Plottdog better.
Distance for 95 % + people makes it to hard to attend the plott events and meetings.

Last edited by Shane on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Shane
Shane

Back to top Go down

A Voice in the west Empty Re: A Voice in the west

Post  Dallen McFarlane Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:07 am

I know I would like to see a lot more done in the west.

Dallen McFarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwater Plotts Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:38 am

Shane ~ Not exactly sure what you mean by a voice in the west!/? All members of the NPHA are free to voice their opinions, I do so frequently and have P*$$^d many people off and stepped on a lot of toes. I've also gained many friends and the respect of several people. I'm with ya on the drive because if I lived in Idaho I probably wouldn't make the drive either. The NPHA tries to keep Plott Days centrally located for the majority of it's members. There used to be a North West Plott Sectional but they haven't held it in years. I know Joe Polly was trying to work with a few western states this year to hold a sectional but they all fell through. We would love to see more sectionals out that way for our members but to do so requires a member who is willing to step up to the plate and do the work and make it happen. Then you still need enough members to show up to make the effort worthwhile. Even here most sectionals rely on one or two people to do the lions share of the work. As most know I've worked very hard trying to make things right with the big game hunters within the association. Yet we cannot even get anyone to enter our big bear, lion, bobcat & boar contests. The NPHA buys the awards and no one enters anything. Like most things in life its a two way street. I hope I haven't made you mad but I'm not real good at sugar coating things, I usually just tell it the way I see it. If it helps I'm envious of you living out west. I'm stuck here coon hunting most of the time with a few weeks of bear and boar hunting thrown in for good measure. If I haven't answered your question ask again and be specific! LOL
Blackwater Plotts
Blackwater Plotts
Admin

https://npha.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:20 pm

make me mad? It takes a bunch . Laughing Thank you for your answer I guess i was referring to having to be in the meeting to place a vote. Maybe i am misinformed on that, maybe i am misinformed on a lot of things.
I have a good idea of what a presidency goes through in organizing for an event after helping with our local club yes it usually is just a couple people but there are more willing to step up lately .
I understand that we out west and if we are members can voice our concerns but again can we vote? That is my main concern . I have also heard that in the past ( and I do not know how long ago this supposedly happened ) but that the accounting of votes was in secret and very miscqued .
My life is getting close to a point where I will have time and finances to do more I know i would be willing to help and I believe i could get others on board here as well.
I know that this summer we had our local club had a get together for a bearpack race and i believe we had over 40 plotts competing and that was just a small handfull of people from our close area . Thanks again Allan for getting this site going.
Shane
Shane

Back to top Go down

A Voice in the west Empty out west

Post  joe polly Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:27 am

Shane & Alan,
Thanks Alan for posting to Shane's post.

Thanks Shane for posting,
Shane, Mr. Irv Corbin was working on having a NPHA plott sectional in California for 2008 but it did not happen. We will again try in 2009 to try and get one going. If you have a club in your state that would like to hold a NPHA Plott hunt give me a call (810-622-0646) and we will get one set up. And as far as the NPHA members having a vote we all have a vote and we all have the wright to voice are opinion's.Anything that is brought up at the Plott Days meeting and passes is put on a ballot that is sent out to all paid up members.Yes I do understand that Plott Days is held a long way from the west but most of the NPHA members are in the east. Plott Days location is voted on by the board of directors at plott days for the next year. That is one of the duties of a director. I myself will be on the board for 2009-2010-2011 as long as I do not get kicked off. I myself do not fill that it should be up to the dicectors where plott days should be held,I fill that also should go on the ballot to be voted on by all of the NPHA members.But also the members should vote what is best for the NPHA not what is best for themself.

joe polly

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:24 am

My personal opinion is that plott days is a tradition and should be held out east where it allways has been and if we out west wanted some sort of plott funtion then it would be up to us to have a type of sister event of some sort . That being said is there were enough members ( have no idea what it would take $ wise or membership wise ) what could the group count on if any from the NPHA to get something going.
Thank you Joe for your reply as well.
Utah probably would be the best centraly located place to have an event but i think Idaho has the largest concentration of plotts people maybe california is close .

Last edited by Shane on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Shane
Shane

Back to top Go down

A Voice in the west Empty bear

Post  joe polly Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:57 am

shane, Can you send me a e-mail with your phone number so we talk?
pollystuffootplotts@yahoo.com

joe polly

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Whoaaaa, MR. Polly ~ Easy on that MR stuff.
I indeed was going to try to have a Plott Sectional here in Oroville, CA this year. The date in which I was offered to have it, I didn't think was the best.
They had a Walker Sectional instead. I may still try to have one.

Shane ~ The only problem with Idaho is that no out of state hunters can come there and cut dogs loose without a hound handler permit correct?
That's what I was told anyway.
*******************************************************************************************
The following is an answer I got when I made the comment to someone, "That you boys have plenty of guys over there with dogs. You have a good amount of coon too right? You should get together enough to start a UKC coon club. We need more in the western states!
Good Luck with the events!!"

This was concerning, "Dates have been set for the Eastern Idaho Houndsmen Association Field Trials. August 16 17 are the play days, and Aug. 23 24 are the field trials."

"Can't do it Irv...Idaho does not allow non-residents to hunt or chase without a hound handler permit, they do not even have to have a gun present. I'm still not sure about the field trialing though.
I do not believe UKC is going to permit a nite hunt that is descrimitive to non-residnets and only open for residents to participate in."

Then I also saw the following, "I have done some checking around and I found out that non residents CAN participate at our trials events.

And for the Curs. Curs are not allowed at our trials.
It would be great to get something going out here. The question is, would Plott people travel the distance to make it a success, wherever it's held?

Maybe if enough of you guys got together and got something going in your legislature and or your Fish & Game codes which would allow such activities, we could have a good time over there.

Keep us updated Shane as to what is happening in your state!

Thanks for having some interest in having something out here in the west!
Irv
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:11 am

I know they are allowing non residents to participate in field trials but do not think a night hunt would be permissible as you said it is to discriminatory ( rules need changed ) also i believe that the wrong officer would bring on a fight and it would go to court which to be honest is what needs to happen. I think it will be the only way for things to change.
Shane
Shane

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:09 am

It would be definitly be Great if you guys got something passed out there that would allow us over there!

Maybe by playing the avenue of INCREASED REVANUE for the state if these events were held.
They seem to perk up their ears when they think they'll be making some money.
Just a thought.
Take it easy!
Irv
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down