NPHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Bones

3 posters

Go down

My Little Bones Empty My Little Bones

Post  draccio Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:55 am

Hi....I'm new to this forum.....

I am an active volunteer for a private dog rescue here in Milwaukee, WI. Back in August, we got some dogs from the Adam's Co. Pound in southern Ohio. One little buy came to us so emaciated he hardly had enough energy to walk. They had no idea "what he was" and though they told us he was about 12-13 wks. old, he was truly only 6-7.

Anyway, my husband and I ended up fostering him - the poor baby!! We continued to try to figure out what breed he was. Then, another volunteer in our rescue who is a HUGE hound fan (he has a redtick and a bluetick) said he thought he was a Plott. I said "a what?"....I'd never heard of a Plott Hound before.

Well, I started to do some research and low and behold, he's got to be a Plott. He fits every characteristic and look so much like all the photos I've seen. He's chocolate brindle with white/bluetick on his chest and left front leg halfway up (looks like he has a cast).

Needless to say, we are no longer his "foster" parents.....we are his mama and daddy!!! Coming to us at not even 7 lb. on Labor Day weekend, he is now over 40 lb., quite tall and long-legged, and very healthy and happy. Per the vet, he is approximately 6 months as of 12/20/08.

For some reason I'm having trouble pasteing photos here but you can go to our rescue website - brewcityrescue.org, then click on the 2nd news page....about halfway down you'll see his photos under the "Sponsor Me" section. Please tell me what you all think.....??? Even the vet said he's a true Plott....maybe a little mix but she said she doubts it.

His name is "BONES".....just a constant reminder of where he came from. He's a sassy little boy - into everything!! But we love him all the same.

Thanks for taking time to listen to my story. I'm anxious to talk with others to learn more and more about Plott Hounds.

Debbie

draccio

Back to top Go down

My Little Bones Empty Re: My Little Bones

Post  Gamegetter Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:22 am

He could diffenlently have plott in him but he also has some other hound in him for all the blueticking he has....He looked bad in the first pic but real heathy in the next two....Congrads....Perkey
Gamegetter
Gamegetter

Back to top Go down

My Little Bones Empty My Little Bones

Post  draccio Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:21 am

I agree and I personally believe he may have some bluetick in him. But....he's definitely hound!!

The first photo you saw was the day he arrived. Believe me, it was heartbreaking. I've been involved in rescue over 3 years and have fostered 100's of dogs and pups, including litters of 10!! I've seen pups die from parvo and other things, I've seen very skinny dogs.....but this little guy brought tears when I saw him. I immediately picked him up, hugged him, and told him everything would be better from then on. Little did I know he would end up being my dog!!! I have 3 other dogs....he makes #4....but what the heck - 2, 3, 4--what's the difference!!!!

He was actually suffering so severely from malnutrition that one of his front legs was 1/2 in. shorter than the other. Needless to say, not any more!!! He is extremely healthy now, right where he should be for weight and height and I think much happier than he was during his first few weeks of life. He's an absolute love bug and loves to sleep cuddled up with a human or dog companion. But....he is a naughty boy!!! I've had many, many dogs in my life but never one who gets into as much as he does!! We have to keep a close eye on him, and be very stern with him. But, I think he's starting to catch on.....he's still a baby.

I'm just so intrigued with what I've read about Plott Hounds. And I do believe he may have some other hound in him but I think he's mostly Plott. He's the most gorgeous chocolate brown brindle...his coat just shines in the light.

I would like to stay signed up on your group, just so that I can learn more about Plott hounds.

Thank you for answering me so quickly--Debbie

draccio

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:20 pm

You've done a great job nurturing Bones back to good health. He looks happy! Good luck with him.
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum