NPHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt?

+8
Gregg
Pocahontas
Plott Proud
beerrun
Blackwater Plotts
Dallen McFarlane
Shane
Gamegetter
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? Empty Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt?

Post  Gamegetter Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:24 am

Just wanted to start this thread on asking where do you hunt and what line of Plotts are you hunting with? If you have any stories (and I know you do) lets see them and throw in some of them Plott hounds at work....Perkey
Gamegetter
Gamegetter

Back to top Go down

Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? Empty Re: Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt?

Post  Gamegetter Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:34 am

I myself hunt the Mountains of western VA and right now I'm hunting mostly Pocahontas Plotts with an up and coming Crockett gyp. I also have a Roark X Howell's Bayou male. The picture to the far right is of my Pocahontas Male Major...He is outta Pocahontas Bearclaw and a Ganette gyp owned by Jason Bickford...also have a Cody II X Meeka Lousie male as well....Perkey
Gamegetter
Gamegetter

Back to top Go down

Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? Empty Re: Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt?

Post  Shane Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:18 am

I hunt Idaho i catch bear lion bobcat and coon with an occassional moose and beave thrown in to keep me on my toes. lol!
I currently a dog from Marshel worthington that is Ursus foundation and a dog from Steve Mohr and Larry foguls breeding
Shane
Shane

Back to top Go down

Post  Dallen McFarlane Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:55 pm

I hunt central and southern utah. The plotts I run are a swampland/ursus, a Nabek, and a swampland/bluff creek/salmon river.
The last one is only about seven months old and this fall season I had him on four trees and two bay ups. He is looking extremely good for his age. I am going to pick up three more pups this month that are as close as I could get to his same lines and hope for the same/similair results.

Dallen McFarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwater Plotts Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:46 am

I live in Indiana but have bear hunted in Wisconsin, Michigan, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire and W. Virginia. Plan to hunt the coast of N.Carolina this year. Most of my dogs were bred here making them Blackwater strain. They trace their ancestry back to Pioneer Brindle Tyler, Weem's Butch & Jill, Timberline Tack & Tack II, Cascade Big Timber and Swampland blood. They suite me.
Blackwater Plotts
Blackwater Plotts
Admin

https://npha.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? Empty dogs

Post  beerrun Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:49 am

hunting in wisconsin, mainly weems, have one garrison ranger bred dog

beerrun

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamegetter Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:14 am

Love the response so far guys...Keep them coming...Add some of them pics you have guys....Perkey
Gamegetter
Gamegetter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamegetter Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:22 am

MAJOR and Chase treed last year in Kill Season.
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? 102_1168

Zipper: First Place win at local Club
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? CageRoll

Akita: First caged coon she ever saw...
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? 102_1243
Gamegetter
Gamegetter

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:58 am

Those are all nice pics Perkey!!

That Akita pup is really getting with it! How old was she there? How old is she now?

In the other pic, that dog on the right is what I think the little female I kept is going to turn out looking like.
Those are also nice looking dogs!

Take care!
Irv
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:18 am

I'm running the Pokiewantus line over here. My eldest female, CH 'PR' Corbin's Rebel Pride Mrs Beasly is Blackwater bred, and also goes back to Pocahontas breeding as well.

Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? IMG008

Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? IMG020

Here ~ Beasly tied @ a Bear tree with Magnum in 2006.
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? MagnumandBeaslyAtBearTree10-18-06

Beasly @ another Bear tree in November 2006.
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? IMG_0796

Beasly on left / Magnum on the right, at same bear tree as above.
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? IMG_0797

Magnum on the timber/Beasly on her duff. (Both were talkin' to him) Very Happy
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? IMG_0801

Magnum on the timber
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? IMG_0793

Magnum & Beasly tied back at the tree where the above treed Bear was treed the 2nd. time after he jumped from previous tree.
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? IMG_0803

A couple of up and coming Pocahontas bred young dogs. They are just at a year old here 2007. Rebel Pride Bocephus in the rear and Rebel Pride Reba up front.
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? IMG_1322

Reba was the youngest Plott to place @ Plott Days in 2007 @ 9 months old when she won the roll cage event.
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? RebaafterWinningRollCageFridayPlott

Reba looking up!
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? IMG_1314

Magnum with my Son and his Bear in November 2005.
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? IMG_0395

The Bear that ended Magnum's life December 2006.
Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? IMG_0805

Last edited by Plott Proud on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamegetter Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:27 am

Well I was trying to think back of when I took the pic and all of a sudden...boom...the date is on the pic...haha...Well she was born the end of July and I got her in Mid- Sept. from Biggun....So I guess that would make her a lil over 6 months old...I ran her a lil on bear in Dec. at 5 months old and she got to run and tree on a cub then..Showed her the coon that day and she went nuts...She is now a lil over 14 months...She came in heat the first week of training season this year and had to be put back up for a while and when I took her back out the first night she got bit by a rattler and had to go back on the chain...So needless to say she didn't get much of a training season...Thats alright cause kill season is 2 months away and I'll get to hunt 18 of the 30 days....I can't wait...Until then I'll work on killing some deer and a lil more coon training at night....Perkey
Gamegetter
Gamegetter

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:51 am

By then, you'll have her tuned up real good!
Take it easy!
Irv
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Pocahontas Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:19 am

Swervin I made it. Wink

Pocahontas

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamegetter Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:57 am

Glad you made it back Gene...We are getting a good start to where we left off...Ohh by the way what strain of Plotts are you hunting now a days??....LOL.....Perkey
Gamegetter
Gamegetter

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:29 am

Right On G-man!!

Glad you're over here.

Now I 've got someone that'll have my back when that Ugly Alan gets on my case too bad. Cool
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Pocahontas Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:11 pm

Perky I'm still running (The Pot Licker strain). Treed a nice 300+ yesterday. Kicked it out for another run but it got away that time.Say hi to AC for me. Swervin I got your back in case old ugly get's on you to hard. LOL pale

Pocahontas

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:48 am

Thanks G-Man! That's what I'm talkin' bout!

As you and I both know, I don't really think that will be an issue anyway. Razz
Take it easy Buddy!
Swervin
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregg Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:41 am

I really like to read about you fellows bear hunting and seeing all the pictures. Maybe one day I can see if my plotts have what it takes to hang with you fellows

Gregg

Back to top Go down

Bear hunting Plotts..What you Hunt? Empty Perky

Post  Pocahontas Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:52 am

Perky we have been treeing some nice bear here lately. Swervin I got your back if Big Ugly get's on you. LOL

Pocahontas

Back to top Go down

Post  DAVID KEENAN Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:11 pm

Perky
I'm with you!!!! wonder what chummers huntin with alien alien

DAVID KEENAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamegetter Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:50 am

Well I got some of them POK-E-WANUS pot lickers here too...For some reason they really like them black fuzzy BARS...lol...Perkey
Gamegetter
Gamegetter

Back to top Go down

Post  Plott Proud Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:39 am

They really like those brown and cinnamon colored ones too Exclamation Exclamation
Plott Proud
Plott Proud

Back to top Go down

Post  Pocahontas Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:16 am

Guys I will try and get a few photos put on my web page this week of some we have treed. It's hard to get any decent picture with the leaves and the early hour. Plus most are high in big Hemlock pines. But a few turned out decent. Shocked

Pocahontas

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamegetter Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:19 am

Sounds good Gene...Our chase season was a lil' slow this year...Didn't really start catching bear until near the end of the season...Had alot of good chases though...Perkey
Gamegetter
Gamegetter

Back to top Go down

Post  BNS3 Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:22 am

I hunt pot lickers, but they don't get to see bear very often LOL

BNS3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next